CELLINK is the first Bioink company in the world and a world leader and expert in 3D-Bioprinting. The company develops bioprinting technology that enable scientists to 3D-Bioprint human tissues and organs and new biomaterial solutions for researchers worldwide. This can be utilized in a wide range of targets in the biotech field, including tissue engineering, cancer research, disease models and drug testing. Our goal and focus are to ensure that researchers are provided with the tools they need to revolutionize the medical industry through 3D-Bioprinting.
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity! Join our innovative team as a Mechanical Engineer Intern with a focus in Computer Aided Design and 3D Printing today. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial company and we continue to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and our products. Joining us you will be part of the R&D team based in Blacksburg VA. Today we are a multinational team of 35 innovative and dedicated co-workers with passion for high-tech.
- Design, model, and test prototypes for 3D-Bioprinters’ parts and other parts that integrate with them.
- Conduct research and create design proposals for projects.
- Design and create part drawings, assembly drawings, specifications and bills of materials.
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineers to assist in designing products.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) to design concepts and produce prototypes.
- Working toward or acquired Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Proficiency in Fusion 360, SolidWorks and/or similar CAD program (we use Fusion 360)
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in both oral and written formats
- Showed discretion while handling confidential or personal data
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced, pioneering and collaborative start-up
- Experience from working as a Mechanical Engineer with tasks mentioned above in the Key Responsibilities section
- Acquaintance with available 3D-Printing technologies.