CELLINK publishes the quarterly report for the period 1st of March 2019 – 31st of May 2019 and for the first 9 months. The report is available on the company's website: http://cellink.com/investor-relations/. This press release presents a summary of the report.
- Net sales amounted to SEK 29,624 (12,202) thousand, corresponding to a growth of 143%, of which 109% was organic growth, compared to the third quarter of the previous fiscal year
- Operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 1,292 (1,044) thousand, corresponding to a margin of 4.4% (8.6 %)
- Net income amounted to SEK 289 (361) thousand, generating earnings per share after dilution of SEK 0.033 (0.048)
First nine months
- Net sales amounted to SEK 73,460 (28,656) thousand, corresponding to a growth of 156%, of which 133% was organic growth, compared to the first nine months of the previous fiscal year
- Operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 5,787 (1,914) thousand, corresponding to a margin of 7.9% (6.7%)
- Net income amounted to SEK 2,326 (29) thousand, generating earnings per share after dilution of SEK 0.274 (0.004)
Significant events during the period
Events during the first nine months (September 2018-May 2019)
- On September 4, CELLINK published three new research achievements made with the company’s products.
- On September 11, the company announced that Dr. Mina Bisell entered the CELLINK Advisory Board.
- On October 2, the company announced a project-funding grant of SEK 3 million from the European Union (EU).
- On October 17, CELLINK launched two new products – a bioink series and an extension of one existing product series.
- On November 6, CELLINK launched a new product series of bioink and an extension of three existing product series.
- On November 29, CELLINK AB acquired German company, Dispendix GmbH for approximately EUR 5 million.
- On December 1, the acquisition of Dispendix GmbH was completed.
- On December 4, CELLINK announced that the company entered a partnership with Medimmune in order to leverage CELLINK’s 3D bioprinting techniques for new drug discoveries.
- On December 5, CELLINK signed a partnership with Prellis Biologics Inc. for commercialization of a holographic bioprinting technique.
- On January 28, CELLINK was granted a project-funding grant of SEK 5 million from the European Union (EU).
- On February 4, CELLINK launched a new product to bring fast and sharp live-cell imaging to every incubator.
- On February 19, CELLINK was granted a patent for ”3D printer and a method for 3D printing of a construct” from the Swedish Patent and Registration Office.
- On March 18, CELLINK launched Lumen X, a new product for 3D bioprinting using digital light.
- On March 22, CELLINK announced that the company and the Adult Stem Cell Research Center at Seoul National University entered a new agreement for bioprinting research.
- On April 24, CELLINK won the Grand Award of Design 2019.
- On May 2, CELLINK launched new tissue model kits
- On May 27, CELLINK announced that the company joined a collaboration with Umeå University and GE Healthcare to develop transplantable skin constructs to give burn patients a better quality of life.
Event after closing day
- On June 18, CELLINK carried out a capital raising of SEK 148.5 million. The issue was aimed at institutional investors in order to quickly and efficiently finance a potential acquisition.
- On June 24, in collaboration with a team of scientist 24 at Uppsala University, CELLINK’s 3D bioprinted boundary cap neural crest stem were sent to space.
- On June 26, the nomination committee for the Annual General Meeting in December 2019 was appointed. The nomination committee was appointed in accordance with the instructions that were adopted at the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
For further information, please contact:
Erik Gatenholm, CEO Gusten Danielsson, CFO
Phone: EU +46 73 267 00 00 Phone: +46 70 991 86 04
US +1 (650) 515 5566 US +1 (857) 332 2138
This information is such information as CELLINK AB is required to disclose under the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication on July 11, 2019 at. 08:30 CET.
CELLINK is the leading 3D bioprinter provider and the first bioink company in the world. We focus on developing and commercializing bioprinting technologies to allow researchers to print human organs and tissues for pharmaceutical and cosmetic applications. Founded in 2016 and active in more than 50 countries, CELLINK is changing the future of medicine as we know it. Visit www.cellink.com to learn more. CELLINK is listed on Nasdaq First North under CLNK. Erik Penser Bank AB is the company’s certified adviser, available by phone at +46 846 383 00 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.